Our dentist at Smile Studio Dental offers porcelain dental veneers to improve the appearance of your teeth and provide you with a picture-perfect smile. We use porcelain for our veneers to better mimic the color, translucence, and durability of your natural tooth enamel, and to provide you with beautiful, long-lasting results.
Veneers are very thin “shells” that are bonded to the front of your natural teeth to improve their appearance. Porcelain veneers are a great option for patients who are looking to close up gaps, whiten stained teeth, improve misshaped or crooked teeth, and repair chipped or broken teeth. Each veneer is custom-made to fit on your natural tooth, and because porcelain is stain-resistant, your smile will remain bright for many years.
For a dental veneer procedure, our dentist will perform the following steps in just two appointments:
- We begin by trimming back the layer of enamel of the front of the tooth to make it easier for the veneer to bond to your tooth.
- Next, we match the shade of your veneer to your natural tooth color.
- After the prep work, we will make an impression of your teeth. This impression will be sent to a dental laboratory, where your veneers will be custom-made to match your teeth.
- In some cases, our dentist will place a temporary veneer over your teeth while we wait for your permanent ones to be created. However, this is not always the case.
- Once your permanent veneers are complete, we will remove any temporary veneers and verify that your permanent ones are the correct shape, size, and color
- If the final veneers match what you are looking for, we will etch the surface of your tooth, creating a rough surface for the veneer to bond to.
- We will place cement on the inside of the veneer and attach it to your natural tooth. Once it is in its proper place, we will use a curing light to harden the cement.
- Any excess cement will be removed, and we will evaluate your bite to ensure that the veneer will not lead to any changes.
If you have any questions about our porcelain dental veneers in Falls Church, Virginia, or if you are interested in improving the appearance of your smile, we welcome you to call our practice today at 703-982-2222 and schedule your consultation with Dr. Eli Janabi.