For patients who have most or all of their teeth missing in one or both dental arches, Smile Studio Dental is pleased to offer implant-supported dentures and hybrid dentures in Falls Church, Virginia. With implant-supported dentures, you can permanently restore your teeth and regain your natural ability to eat, speak, and smile with confidence.
Many patients who wear dentures find that their dentures become loose over time and “float” around the mouth, making it difficult to eat and speak normally. At our practice, we offer implant-supported dentures as an alternative treatment. Implant-supported dentures are similar to traditional dentures, but they are supported by dental implants and can be a more cost-effective treatment.
When performing a procedure for implant-supported dentures, our dentist will begin by placing a titanium screw into the jawbone. Oftentimes, there are 4 to 6 implants posts placed across a dental arch to provide adequate support. After the implants are placed and your mouth has time to heal, our dentist will attach your custom-made denture restorations to the implant posts.
Using dentures, we were able to completely replace this patient’s teeth and give them back a functional, healthy and beautiful smile.
Another option for replacing an entire dental arch is a hybrid denture prosthesis. Hybrid dentures are designed to provide a fixed, full-arch prosthetic on the same day as the implant surgery. For this procedure, our dentist will following these steps:
- Place four dental implants into the dental arch. The two implant posts in the back of the mouth are placed at a 45-degree angle to avoid bone grafting, which is common with most other dental implant procedures.
- Tighten the screws and attach mounting abutments.
- Attach the custom-made denture restoration to small, screw-like posts. These posts will snap into place by attaching to the mounting abutments that are attached to the dental implant.
- Trim down any exposed snap posts that show beneath the edge of the teeth.
- Use screws to secure your denture restoration in place.
If you are looking to replace your dentures or restore your smile, we invite you to contact our office today at 703-982-2222 and set up a consultation with our caring dentists, Dr. Eli Janabi.