Oral cancer is among the most easily treatable forms of cancer when diagnosed early, but like all cancers can be life-threatening if undiagnosed and untreated. Our dentists Dr. Eli Janabi and Dr. Fadi Hasan, provide oral cancer screenings in Falls Church, Virginia, to help you catch this disease in the earliest stages of development so that you can receive the treatment you need.
Oral cancer includes cancers of the lips, tongue, cheeks, throat, sinuses, floor of the mouth, and the hard and soft palate. Common symptoms of oral cancer include:
- A persistent sore throat
- The feeling that something is caught at the back of the throat
- Unexplained bleeding in your mouth
- Loss of feeling, pain or numbness in the face, neck or mouth
- Ear pain
- Lumps, bumps or rough spots on the gums, lips or other areas of the mouth
- Persistent or lasting sores in the orofacial region or in the mouth, especially sores that bleed easily and do not heal within two weeks
- Difficulty chewing, speaking or swallowing
- Changes in your bite, or it the fit of an oral appliance
We recommend that you receive an oral cancer screening at least once a year. This screening can be completed on its own or as part of your regular dental exams. If you notice any symptoms or experience dental pain, we encourage you to contact our office and schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
For more information about oral cancer screenings at to set up a consultation with our one of our dentists, please contact Smile Studio Dental at 703-982-2222.